The Translation feature is meant to be used by native speakers of Languages other than English as a way to make the game as accessible as possible to other players in those Linguistics Communities. You acknowledge that your participation in the Project is entirely voluntary and you understand that there is no monetary compensations. We reserve the right to award players with WWO-Influence for translations and these rewards can be revoked at any time at our sole discretion.
By becoming a translator, you agree to the following rules:
- You will only translate the game into your own native Language;
- You must have a good understanding of English;
- You must play World War Online in the Language that you're translating it to (your native one);
- You will keep the meaning of the original text intact;
- You will not alter the punctuation (for example, do not change a "." into a "!" or vice-versa);
- You will not remove or alter the placeholders within the sentences;
- You will not alter the capitalization of sentences. If it starts with "Hello", do not change it to "hello";
- You will not utilize automatic translators (such as google translate) under any circumstances;
- You will abide by the Game Rules and report all behavior or suggestions that go against it;
- Failure to comply with these rules may revoke all of your translation rights as well as any rewards you got from it and may even result in your account being permanently suspended from World War Online.
We will carefully review your application and get back to you soon with a confirmation email in case you were accepted in the Translators program.