1. Collection of Information and Personal Data
Personal data in this sense refers to all individual pieces of information regarding the personal or material circumstances of an identified or identifiable natural person, such as name, address, or email address as well as IP address. If you visit our Game or use the Contact Form, the collection, processing, and use of personal data will take place.
We collect information about you when:
- You provide some of it directly (such as by registering for an account).
- We record some of it automatically (including with technologies like cookies).
- We receive some of it from third parties (social media companies).
We also collect information, such as usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and similar technologies. The particular kinds of information we gather are dependent on how you interact with World War Online.
1.1. Information you provide to us
We collect information you choose to provide or give to us in any manner. For example, we collect information that you provide when you create an account or communicate with us.
We collect information you enter or otherwise provide on World War Online, including:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, codename and password);
- Profile information (such as profile photo);
- Your messages to the Service (such as chat logs and customer support tickets);
- Your name, payment method, and other details we collect to help process purchases you make;
- Other data you choose to give us (such as data to identify a lost account).
World War Online also offers social features like forums and chat. When you use these features, the information you share is public information – this means we may collect and use the information you provide, and in some cases it may also be collected or used by others without your knowledge.
In addition to information about yourself, you may choose to share information about yourself in other content ("Content"), such as in products. Any action you perform with other users are considered public, and at your own discretion.
When you use a product with social network features like ours, note that some information will be publicly accessible to others, such as your game statistics and performance. We may record gameplay and related information (such as Username, Military Rank, and in-game actions), and replay or otherwise make it available to other users without further notice to you.
1.2. Information we collect automatically
- Data about your account and game progress;
- Your IP address and mobile device identifiers (such as your device ID, advertising ID, MAC address, IMEI);
- Data about your device, such as device name and operating system, browser type and language;
- Data we collect with cookies and similar technologies (see more below);
- General location data;
- Data about your use of the Service, such as gameplay data and your interactions with other players inside the Service.
1.3. Information We Collect From Third Parties
- Data we receive if you link a third party tool with the Service (such as Facebook or Google);
- Demographic data (such as to determine the coarse location of your IP address);
- Data to fight fraud (such as refund abuse in games or click fraud in advertising);
- Data from platforms that the games run on (such as to verify payment);
- Data for advertising and analytics purposes, so we can provide you a better Service.
2. How We Collect Information
2.1. Cookies & Related Technologies:
2.2. Analytics & Third Party Advertising Companies:
In order to provide the best possible service and to allow us to make certain internal reports and make recommendations, we collect aggregate information about the use of World War Online, including information about users accessing the Chilltime site or playing World War Online and other Chilltime games or using SNS Apps on other sites, such as internet protocol addresses, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, other browser history, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time (“Activity Information”).
Chilltime does not provide any Personally Identifiable Information to third-party advertising companies.
2.2.1. Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. Google Analytics uses so-called "Cookies", text files which are stored on your computer or smartphone and which allow an analysis of the use of our website by you. The information generated by the Cookie about your use of this website (including your IP address) is transferred to a server by Google in the USA and is stored there.
Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website in order to put together a report about the website activities for the website operators and to produce linked services with the website use and the Internet use.
Also Google will transfer this information if necessary to third parties, provided that this legally prescribed or as far as third parties process these data on behalf of Google. Google will associate in no circumstances your IP address with the other data that are stored by Google.
3. How We Use Your Information
3.1. Legal Basis:
We use and share your information (i) to provide the services under the Terms, (ii) with your consent, (iii) in your and our legitimate interests (such as safety and security, and providing a tailored service), and (iv) for other legal reasons.
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, share, and otherwise process the information we have about you for the purposes described in this Policy. These legal bases include:
- where you have consented to the processing, which you may revoke at any time;
- for Chilltime to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims;
- occasionally to protect your vital interests, or those of others;
- where necessary in the public interest;
- where necessary for the purposes of Chilltime or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of visitors, users or partners.
3.2. Using Information:
We use the information we collect (both individually and in combination with other information collected under this policy) to help us operate our business, provide and improve our products and services, communicate with you, and advertise effectively. The particular ways we use your information often depend on how you choose to use the Chilltime services.
Some of the most common examples of how we use information include:
- To respond to inquiries, fulfil requests, and process transactions (like helping you create an account, and resolve Feedback issues);
- To deliver and tailor our communications with you, like by sending you important account-related announcements or promotional communications that we believe may interest you;
- To administer surveys, contests, and similar offerings (such as confirming your eligibility or sending you a prize if you win);
- To monitor, analyze, protect, test, and improve our services and operations (like measuring how World War Online performs, tracking usage patterns, and fixing bugs or errors);
- To research and better understand the Chilltime services and how they’re used;
- To promote products and services and measure the effectiveness of those campaigns;
- To personalize your World War Online experience, including by presenting content or features better tailored to your interests;
- To improve and provide updates for World War Online (like patching our game and releasing new features);
- To operate and expand our business;
- To facilitate the use of or integration with the Chilltime services, social sharing, and related functionality (such as supporting chat features and forums).
We may also use, disclose, and preserve information to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to legal process (like requests from law enforcement or other public or government authorities);
- Securely operate the Chilltime services (like stopping attacks on our systems);
- Protect users and third parties (such as to help prevent serious injury or crime);
3.3. Sharing Information
We do not share any kind of information about you, including but not limited to name, email address, password, payment details, messages sent to us or others using our services, and all other data you share with us or that we automatically collect.
Chilltime may disclose information about you to our partners in order to provide the Service, resolve service problems and correct errors in the Service, to communicate with you about the Service, to provide you with advertising and promotional information in connection with the Service, and to enhance your experience on the Service. However, we do not give our partners an independent right to share this information.
3.4. Transfers of Information
By using the Chilltime services and World War Online, you acknowledge and agree that your information may be processed outside your country of residence, including in other jurisdictions (namely Portugal) that may have different data protection frameworks than your region.
We’ve implemented and maintain a framework consistent with applicable law and this policy for transfers of information outside the country of collection. For example, when we transfer personal data collected in the European Union to locations outside the European Economic Area, we rely on transfer mechanisms adopted by the European Commission to help establish adequate safeguards, like Standard Contractual Clauses. We may also need to transfer your information to provide the Chilltime services to you in accordance with our existing agreements with you, such as the Terms of Service.
3.5. Public Chat or Forums
We’ve empowered our users to help police compliance with our policies related to certain in-game behavior. Our product users may report each other and submit descriptions of their in-game activity and actions to help us determine if the reported behavior constituted a violation of rules and procedures that apply to user conduct, as well as any potential repercussions (such as temporary or permanent account suspensions or chat restrictions).
We also record and store, and reserve the right (but have no obligation) to monitor chat and similar details about in-game interactions for a period we determine in our sole discretion is appropriate to help us, among other things, detect and prevent toxicity, enforce our rules and policies, and foster a more positive gaming community for our users. We use both manual (like many user Support tickets) and automated (such as machine learning) tools and techniques to support these efforts.
If you choose to use means outside of World War Online to communicate with us, such as social media platforms, we recommend you check their respective Privacy Policies. Some examples:
- Facebook Messenger: https://www.messenger.com/privacy
- Reddit: https://www.redditinc.com/policies/privacy-policy-january-10-2020
- Discord: https://discordapp.com/privacy
4. Age Limits
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data about or direct or target interest based advertising to anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use our Services. If you are under 13, please do not send any data about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal data.
If we learn that we have collected personal data about a child under age 13, we will delete that data as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any data from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us through email@example.com.
The security, integrity, and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us.
In order to help ensure a secure and safe player experience, we are continuously developing and implementing administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration.
Chilltime takes appropriate precautions to protect users' information. Your account information is located on a secure server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or your password), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). (Learn more about SSL, here.
5.1. Data Retention
We retain your data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Service. We will for example periodically de-identify unused game accounts and we regularly review and de-identify unnecessary data.
Note that if you ask us to remove your personal data, we will retain your data as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6. Your Choices
You can review and change information about you or deactivate your account in your account settings, but we may retain certain information. You may deactivate your account by editing your account settings or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Your Rights and Options
7.1. Opt-out of marketing emails and other direct marketing
You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications, such as marketing emails from us by following the instructions in such communications.
7.2. Opt-out of targeted advertising
You can opt-out of interest-based advertising on mobile applications by checking the privacy settings of your Android or iOS device and selecting "limit ad tracking" (Apple iOS) or "opt-out of interest based ads" (Android).
7.3. Access the personal data we hold about you
If you request, we will provide you a copy of your personal data in an electronic format. We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can make a data request by submitting a ticket.
Learn more about GDPR Data Access Requests here.
7.4. Other Rights
Other rights that you may have, depending on the country in which you live, include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
- Withdrawing your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Complaining to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Union are available here.
We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe.
This policy may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices or relevant laws. We will indicate at the bottom of this policy when this policy was last updated. Please review this policy every time you access or use World War Online to make sure that you have reviewed the most recent version.
9. Contact Us
Under European data protection law, the controller of your information is Chilltime, Lda.
Last Update: March 1 2020