What are Cookies?
Also known as browser cookies or tracking cookies, cookies are small, often encrypted text files, located in browser directories. They are used by web developers to help users navigate their websites efficiently and perform certain functions. A cookie is a small text file recorded on your hard drive that identifies you as a unique user and contains certain information about your particular login session and/or your use of the Service.
We use information gathered through technologies like cookies for several reasons, including:
- To monitor, secure, and maintain World War Online and other Chilltime services (like preventing fraud);
- To enhance your experience (such as allowing you to log-in to your account);
- To analyze and improve our operations (like aggregating traffic and usage patterns);
- To control the display of ads (including providing you with targeted offers);
- To support and gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns (like letting us know if you’ve seen our ads or opened our emails);
- To better personalize your visit and store your preferences and settings (for example, displaying content in your local language);
We also use our servers in connection with these cookies to collect information about the ways you interact with World War Online and store it in log files. This may include, for example, information that your device or operating system sends to us when you access World War Online and other Chilltime services (like device IDs, IP addresses, and hardware or software specifications) and details about how you use World War Online (like the particular features you use, your interactions and statistics, and other similar info).
Every browser give their users the option to manage and change their preferences about Cookies. If you wish to manage the cookies, or stop your browser from accepting cookies, go to the help section of your internet browser, where you will find information on how to do this.
Please, keep in mind that some functions in the World War Online Guides website may not work correctly if you chose to stop accepting cookies from our website.
Last Update: March 1 2020